Thursday 12 June 2008

Maths = Moral Science

Maths = Moral Science
A few years back I met a family of three. I went to see them with my mom and was strictly instructed since the kid was the most pampered child in the world I should say something positive about him. During the half hour which I enjoyed the company of the couple I duly noted the activities of the child and marked him as the most terrible child I have ever seen.(And this counts Junior in Problem child).When we were leaving my mom signaled me to say something about the kid. Since I didn"t had any positive I gave the parents two negative about the child. As soon as I stood by my virtue of speaking the truth my mom apologized to them as if I was the most terrible child in the world. The reason I remembered this story because I saw an ad today which said that the kids today are learning D=Don. The ad proclaimed that if we make our children watch Ramayan they will start learning D=Dhanush. Personally I think kids will learn D=whatever as long as it will fetch them marks. How much time today kids have between their school, tuition and home work? Today those who have passed fifth standard have better knowledge than Lalu. (I know this is not fair. Even those who have passed first class have better knowledge than him)Anyways the only subject where Lalujee will be able to challenge them is moral science .Today for kids Moral Science is like maths. It has its own period in the week, its own text book and final exam whose answer they need to cram. The only difference between them is that they can crack Moral science paper without taking tuition.

To sum up :Till the day we don"t stop treating moral science as a high scoring subject in school; Mahabharata will command higher TRP than Ramayan.

No comments:

Post a Comment