Wednesday 26 August 2009

Online Storage Drive..

I have been hearing about Google's ambitious project GDrive for some time now. Recently I read Michael Arrington's article about Microsoft's Live Drive.
I sometime wonder about Microsoft's overall strategy in terms of product. They had always believed in making a thick Client (powerful) and a thin Server.. But ever since Google has been pursuing the ideas of shifting the focus more on server side, Microsoft has been trying almost everything what google is upto. I think Microsoft missed the search focus early on to give google an advantage and that is the reason they do not want to miss anything else now :-)

I looked on the web and found that there are few social storage sites like www.xdrive.com, www.esnips.com etc. Though I have never tried them. I am eagerly awaiting to push all my data in hard drive to GDrive. I just can't stop imagineing a day when we should be able to do everything online with our small gadget like a smart phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment